Get inspired to help someone with breast cancer by participating in our Spare Change Program. By you, your family and friends collecting the little bit of change you have hidden around your house, you can make a big difference in someone’s battle with breast cancer. All it takes is a few simple steps. Here’s what you need to do:
- Find an empty mason jar, box, or anything to store change.
- Download this one-pager and tape it on your spare change jar!
- The fun part! Run around and LOOK for spare change everywhere! Remember to check:
- Inside the house: couch cushions, pant pockets, dryer, washer and anywhere else loose change winds up.
- Get outside: the car, your neighbors, and everyone you know! Tell them what you are doing and have them join in on the fun. Contacting your local school district is another great idea! Teachers may be willing to put large water jugs next to their desk, and kids and teachers can drop their loose change from their purses and pockets into it!
- Now, we want you to take your collection jar and head to your local bank branch. Ask the manager to run it through their change counting machine. You will be surprised how much money you raised!
Now it’s time to donate! Send us your breast cancer donation:
- Donate directly through our website.
- Money order or check made payable to:
The Carey Foundation
169 West Saddle River Road
Saddle River, NJ 07458
Don’t forget, we want to see photos! Share your adventures and ideas of how you found your spare change with us and we will share it with the rest of the Tutu community!
Remember, every little bit helps!